Newsletter Term 2

Newsletter   Term 2   April 2019

The trees are beginning to fall and the mornings are getting chillier. We have had a wonderful break and are ready to rock n roll for another term. I can’t really complain as we have started the term with only 4 boys. Our lovely Philipino family are on an extended holiday back in the Philipines for two weeks, so it’s just the boys and myself.  Little Jahmin Cates has moved to Auckland to start his life with his new ‘forever family’. They are a wonderful family and I couldn’t have asked for anything better for Jahmin.  I have been enjoying my sleep-ins as Jahmin likes everyone to be up when he woke at 6 am!! Something the new family is finding difficult.

Our school topic this term is a bit boring … Health and Safety.  We do however have lots of fun speakers and learning to do around that topic. We have the  Life Education caravan coming to school later in the term, Firewise lessons, tooth care, road safety, visits from the health nurses to teach us about germs and lots of other valuable lessons during the term.

During the term, the children will be also planning a project to share at the end of the term. We have given them full autonomy on the subject for their project. They can choose the topic and how they wish to present the information.  This is a reading, writing and oral language task and looks at keywords, asking questions and finding answers, using reference books and the internet as a resource, and writing for an audience. I am excited already at the ideas the boys have for what they wish to study.

Fish n Chips

This term we will offer Fish n Chips again on Friday for $ 6.00. The boys have asked me to see how much a cheeseburger and chips would be so I shall price that and we may be able to offer that as well.

Music Lessons

These will be on Friday this term.

Whaea TeRina will be also taking private lessons again so let me know if you wish to take up that offer. The private lessons are $25 per lesson.

Road Trips

As we only have a ‘car full’  for two weeks, the boys and I would like to use the opportunity to go on a couple of road trips.  I will send a consent form home to sign on Wednesday.  I would like to go for a bushwalk on Friday the 3rd in the afternoon to Opepe. Do some Rock Wall climbing at the A.C Baths and have a swim and visit the library on Wednesday 8th  and perhaps go to the Prawn park on Thursday the 9th.

Important Dates (at the time of print)

7th of May – Union meeting.  (school be open)

15th May – Board Meeting 6.30pm in the staffroom. Come and see what it’s all about.

31st May- School Closed for extra long Queens Birthday weekend

3rd June – School Closed for Queens Birthday.

7th June- School Board Elections.

12th June – Board Meeting 6.30pm

24th June- Life Education Trust at school

3-5th July – Andrea at NewZealand Principals Federation Conference.

6th July – Barn Dance at Rangitaiki community hall.

Barn Dance 6th July

Make sure you sell this event to all your friends and family. There are 2 FREE buses coming out from town so tickets will start selling fast. You do not want to miss this event.

Eggs

We still have eggs for sale for $5.00 a dozen.

By | 2019-04-30T17:41:18+00:00 30th April 2019|Newsletter|0 Comments

About the Author:

Leave A Comment